Friday, June 13, 2014

Bad Essay: Convincing Your Friend To Be The Head Prefect


Hey y'all! I'm back with a video of me dissing my own kid due to my failure as an English teacher.

It's always better to laugh at your mistakes than try to cover it up so...

It's been almost 4 years now, yet I haven't found the Holy Grail method of teaching teenagers with the proficiency of a 7 year old.

If you are a TESL Grand Master, please, please show me the light.

In this video, you could see that this kid is just throwing random English words to make an essay.  It's almost like a piece of art you are not meant to comprehend.

Enjoy!

Ooh, wait, here's a mini quiz for ya to answer after you're done:

1. How many times did the word 'sinergi' (synergy) and 'ideal' come up?
2. What was the short background sound that appeared?
3. What is my poor kid trying to tell me?

Have fun!



Disclaimer: This video is not meant to shame anyone or any organisation.  This is purely for the intention of sharing to the public the reality of our students' English language proficiency, with the hopes that a solution or a method could be shared by experienced teachers on how to avoid this kind of atrocity.


5 comments:

Arms said...

Okay, I counted them. lol.
Sinergi = 8
Ideal = 6
Bonus lol:
Reason(s) = 20

Lastly, I mean, 2ndly, the short background sound. Which one actually? I only hear something like a mini UFO was landing somewhere in your living room. And the leader is briefing the his generals.

And I think the kid thinks that head prefect's most beneficial feature is being popular. And if he or she or a friend is chosen as one, they can be popular students. lol.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

A+ for you! Hah! Actually,there was that 'old newspaper' van passing by...Plus a dog barking at it.

Wow, you understood? You should totally be a teacher. hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! I left you a msg on Facebook, but since we're not friends on FB, it said that the msg will go to your 'Other Folder' which falls under the tab 'Other' in your messages tab. Hope you can check it out and reply me soon! :)) tq!

-Christabelle

thefourtharif said...

good lord... now i dont even think i know the meaning of 'sinergy' 'reason' and 'ideal' anymore...

Asrih

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Asrih: MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!