Thursday, April 10, 2014

This Blog Owner Is Finally Engaged


Sorry stalkers, you had your chance.  Ian Somerhalder, if you happen to be one of my stalkers, I'm 'only' engaged. *wink wink*

Thank you for all the wishes and thank you for raping the 'like' button on my posts and statuses regarding this 'big moment'.

In case you're wondering how it went down, here's a recap on it.

If you know me well, you'd know that I'm not one who fancies elaborate decors and colourful cupcakes.  So I had none of those shit.  I didn't hang a banner nor paste the obligatory "(Man's Name) (Heart) (Woman's Name)" alphabet polystyrene cut outs.  There wasn't even a cake.  Yes, I'm unconventional like that.  Or maybe I really do need to get my ovaries checked.

All I needed for an engagement party were good food and beer.  Lots and lots of beer.  Beer > cupcakes.


I did my own hair and makeup that day.

I had my former-beautician Mom's wedding portrait looking over to make sure I didn't screw up

With a little help from friends and cousins though.


And then The Soon-To-Be-Fiance-Boyfriend called and said they were on their way and all hell broke loose.  I lost it.  Tried to undo the calamity that was my mammaries by taking selfies.

Who knew selfies were therapeutic
And then the party arrived.


Bearing gifts! (Well, those were expected as I chose my gifts and packed them myself)


Then they had the introduction and discussion thing going on in the living room downstairs.


Meanwhile, I was trapped in the living room upstairs as I was prohibited to join their discussion.  Like, what century is this?  So I spent my time doing what I do best - camwhoring...


...and freaking out the whole time.


About 15 minutes later, I was called to join them downstairs, like a maiden being sold to another family after their discussion had ended.





I was told that both families had agreed with the T&C of my dainty hands and was asked whether I agree on what they have agreed upon.  Thank God I'm not a law graduate.

And so the Sister started with the blessing of the ceremony, us, and the rings.  She even lectured us a bit.





And then came the apex of the ceremony, which was the exchanging of rings.

In which we virgins didn't have a clue on which hand do the rings go.



As soon as it happened, a lightning of camera flashes hit us.


And then we were officially engaged.


The gifts were given.


And memories were taken.




Oh by the way, there was none of those document/agreement signing shit as well.  We kept it as a simple and short as possible, so as to not to keep the guests hungry and ahem, thirsty.


By 8 pm, we were already tipsy.


And that is how this blog owner got engaged.


Stay tuned for the birth of Absolutely Wicked's own bridezilla.


8 comments:

Shamimi Haniza said...

Congrats babe. Satu dekad tu. Hebat la!!! Mmg muka Rudy npk bahagia gle la. N u xtra gojes. :-)

Phoebe said...

OMAHGAWD.. I can't even imagine how you must have felt while they were discussing the T&C of your engagement. Kalo sy pingsan sudah kali. Hehehe... Congratulations my friend. It's time to have a Pinterest account if you haven't had one already.

lilies.john said...

congrate! :-)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Mimi: ikr? hehe. thanks babee

@Phy: mmg nebes gila babs ni..hehe. thanks! ba, mau buat sdh ni acc Pinterest.. hee

@lilies.john: Thanks! :)

Frydolina Fay said...

Congratulation on ur engagement! :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Frydolina Fay: Thanks!

Jia Yiing Ho said...

SO happy for you!! :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Lucy: THANKS! :D