Thursday, February 27, 2014

It Was Puppy Love At First Sight


It was love at first sight when I first saw her.


I continued searching for other pups cuter than her, but alas she already caught hold of my heart.


This little furball, with endless love to give to her new caretaker.


And so I returned to her and gave her a new home.


Our lives was never the same again.


It was she who taught us that dogs aren't just 'animals'.


It was she who taught us what unconditional love is.


It was she who taught us to be better humans.


She had brought so much joy (and headache) into our lives.


And then God called. He wants her back.


She got attacked by the neighbour's dogs again, but this time, she fell from the dangerously steep hill and into a puddle of mud.  When she reached the vet, she was gasping for air.  She wasn't that seriously wounded.  But mud had got into her lungs.  The vet did everything they could.  Until her last breath.

I cried like I never did before.  At the hill where she fell when I thought she was dead.  At the vet's.  At the vet's toilet. In the car. In my room. At her burial gound.  Now as I'm writing this.

I lost so many dogs, yet this one hits hard the most.  Right to the core.   Because she was my first puppy love.


She didn't just leave a hole in my heart, she just about ripped off the whole thing and took it with her.


Like how my failed attempts of playing fetch with her and she'd never return the stick.

Damn it Sookie, that is not how you play fetch.  I should've taught you well.


And now you're gone.  Our lives will change again.  But this time, you're not in it.  I am yet to digest this.  Still feels like a horrible dream.


No more daily kisses and hugs.  No more scolding you for stealing the other dogs' food.

Just, no more you.


But I have one consolation.  They call it the Rainbow Bridge.


I'll see you again, Sookie.  Until then, you will be forever missed.


Rest in peace, baby.





8 comments:

chegu carol said...

Nangis juga saya oh manda...kesian Sookie. :(

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Carol: Grandma si Kahlu kan..Sy lagi, satu ari sdh nangis..huhu. Don't think I'd ever get over this.

CyntaCinta said...

huhu... you will never get over your first puppy love. Hopefully like in the book a dog's purpose, sookie reincarnate lepas tu cari balik kau.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Cynta: I'll hold on to that belief forever. huhu

Phoebe said...

So sorry for your loss Manda..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Phy: Thanks lots.

Arms said...

Hey Amanda, really sorry to hear about Sookie.

Really angry about your neighbour's dogs. But I guess you did something about that already.

But cheer up. For sure Sookie up there wants you to cheer up. You get what I mean.

Rest in peace, Sookie.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Arms: Thanks Arms. I'm sure she's happier where she is now and I'd imagine how she'd be if she saw me crying over her. Haih.