Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'M GOING TO A FALL OUT BOY CONCERT!


They will perform live in Fort Canning Park, Singapore on 6th August 2013.

AND I'M SO GOING TO BE FUCKING THERE!


I JUST HAVE TO SHOUT IT OUT TO THE WHOLE WORLD!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This is my first ever live international rock concert I'll attend at a ripe age of 26 (going 27).

And it's by one of my favourite bands in the world.

I have been obsessed with them since I don't know, puberty, and I'm still listening to them more than a decade later.  ALL of their songs.  I can't name one song that I don't like and I could listen to them on infinity loop.


It basically feels like an eager beaver virgin who's dying to pop her cherry, and when she does, it is with Ryan Gosling. Explosion.

THAT'S HOW EXCITED I AM!!!

I'm so excited my head feels like it's going to explode.  Like that lucky bitch virgin.

Also, this has to be one of those crazy, spontaneous shit that I do without giving a second thought or to be more precise, think at all.  Like, how I missed my KL bestfriend's wedding date when buying my flight tickets; which I could have gone because it was actually just a day after the concert (sooo sorry Jasmit! I will send you two wedding gifts). And like, how I'm not actually financially equipped for a trip at this moment.  See I'm supposed to go for a shopping trip at Bandung in September; so yeah, I'll probably just be helping my friends carry their shopping bags as I cry inside.  But as for this moment, FUCK Bandung.  I'm going to damage my ears and slide in between sweaty bodies to listen to  F.O.B. play all my favourite songs. Which is the WHOLE album.

Plus I missed their last concert in 2009, and I was there, just 10 minutes of bus ride away from Singapore because I was a broke ass college student.  Do you have any idea how that feels, being so close, yet so far?  Now that I'm making enough money to have debts, I'd be damned if I don't splurge on a once in a life time event even though I can barely afford it.  Fuck savings and the future - I'm living for today.  Carpe diem, bitches - I'm going to a fucking rock concert and it's Fall Out Boy.  SHIT IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

Ok, time to pack my bags.  And no, don't tell me it's still too early to do so.  SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THESE GUYS PLAY LIVE.


I might even pee a little.  Or cry.  Or both.  

P.s: If you're a die hard fan, have a pocketful of cash or just willing to sell your kidney, you can purchase your tickets here.  Do let me know if you're going so we can rock out together, doesn't matter if you're creepy and shit, it's F.O.B. baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha i'm going too! i'm so excited! see you there!!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Ok, holler when you see me!