Thursday, November 29, 2012

25 Things I Did When I Was 25


This is a post entirely ripped off inspired by Kenny Sia's blog.

It does greatly pale in comparison to all the epic things the award winning, assumingly rich blogger did.  By the way we were born on the same day.  Hence the plagiarising.

But what the hell, I'm just a teacher from a small town who still lives with her parents, and this is my fucking story, the 25 things I did when I was 25.

Here we go!

1. Went to Penang.


Penang food FTW.

2. Went to Manukan Island.


Not the best island in the world, but it's the closest.

3. Went to Siem Reap, Cambodia.


A live cultural, historical class.  And oh, found the cheapest beer and cocktails here too.  You should go there for the beer.  I mean sightseeing.

4. Went to Krabi, Thailand.


EYEGASM.

5. Went to the 2012 Rainforest World Music Festival in Kuching.


It's like attending the largest party ever.  Awesomeness.

6. Lost five dogs.






Rest in peace Gabby, Cody, Ting Ting, Ting Ting II and Gabby II.  I have so many dogs waiting for me at the Pearly Gates.  

7. Gained one pup on the other hand.


Ting Ting's only surviving pup, who wouldn't be here hadn't we...

8. Nursed them orphaned puppies.


Waking up every two hours at night, stimulating them to poop and pee...Found a whole new respect for mothers.

9. Tried to vaccinate dogs myself.


FAILED.

10. Taught Form 1 students for the first time.


Was exactly what I taught.  For two hours.  And nope, they still couldn't get it, for the love of god.

11.  Lost it in class.


To kids who don't give a fuck about their future when you have tried so hard.

12. Became chief invigilator for STPM.


It was stressful at first.  But then I get to watch Running Man with my headphones on in an empty class while my minions do the boring job of staring into space for 3 hours.

13. Bonded with colleagues.


I feel bad talking about how awesome my colleagues are to friends who have horrible co-workers.  But I do it anyway.  Let me explain the disaster above.

14.  Dressed like a K-tard.


I was forced to join a fashion show during a Teacher's Day celebration at school.  And the theme I got was K-Pop.  See I'm a good sport and awesome like that.

15.  Became a student again.


Wohoo!

16.  Quit after one class.


Probably the best decision I have ever made in such a very short period, after making a reckless one, in also a very short period.

17. Got locked out of the house for six hours.


Successfully de-ticked my dogs.  During tick season.  Painful, so painful.

18.  Car broke down enough times for me to let it go.


Will do so when whichever government slash down car taxes.

19. Fixed acne problem.


I FEEL SO BEAUTIFUL I COULD CRY.

20.  Bought an apartment.


Also, was a spontaneous decision.

21. Finally made a new pair of glasses.


Figured if I can afford an apartment, I am capable of paying for a new pair of eyes.  And no, I'm not just being cute or a fucking hipster.  I really am visually impaired.

22. Went to the gym consistently.


And by consistently, I mean at least once a week. Hah.  Still got a 100 years to washboard abs.

23. Discovered the best drinking game ever.


The best part?  IT DOESN'T HAVE AN ENDING.

23.  Met best buds whom I haven't seen since forever.






As long as there are holidays and weddings, there we'll be.  On a normal working day, I could just rot by myself.

25. Partied hard.


So retardedly hard, photos can be used as blackmail.

And then I turned 26.

No comments: