Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bad Essay: A Dramatic Reading of an Essay Entitled "Beauty"


Okay folks, it's that time of year again where I butcher butchered English essays!

First of all, some people might think I'm cruel (uh, hello, read title of the blog), and that if the victim of a published bad essay read out loud stumbles upon this, he or she will be scarred for life.

Well that's what I'm aiming for.

They need to know what an abomination their English is and this will give them a whiplash motivation to learn and just listen to the things that I say in class over and fucking over again.

And there are those who might think that I'm just shooting myself in the foot as it clearly shows how I have failed as an English teacher.

Yes, I am shooting myself in the foot.  I have failed and now I'm making fun of my failure.

It beats being depressed and looking at job vacancies in newspapers.

So I present to you, another bad essay from the second term exams, read in a dramatic way (or that's how I think it's done).  Enjoy!



15 comments:

Momo said...

wtf did i just listen to?
hahahahahhaha

chimidama said...

oh dear.. now i'm confused what is the real meaning of beauty..hehe..

Asrih Arif said...

omg.. the english is like siamese transgender.. forgive my french..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Momo: Some alien language :/

@chimidama: I'm confused too!

@Asrih: HAHA. siamese trangender. love it.

WeenAzura said...

"God, this is long."

hahahaha

moses said...

dear teacher, u r such a loser but dont worry cause u r not alone!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@WeenAzura: It is!

@Moses: Gee thanks :D

Arms said...

Haha another essay butchering session ka. I can't watch the video now, still at work. Will come by later yo. But I saw the thumbnail and I must watch it when I can.

Another hour then pulaaaang!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Arms: haha...have you watched it yet? :D

Aly89 said...

LOL! I'm sure this will not be as hilarious as this if I was the one marking that essay.

Teh Tarik Drinker said...

three of my braincells just died trying to figure out what the essay is trying to say...

tehtarikmemoirs.com

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Aly89: You could be surprised :D

@Rizal: Just three? Mine times 100000.

Anonymous said...

i hope this is just a rant to ease your frustrations, and not how you usually conduct yourself as an educator.

Santafire said...

Death by repitition DX

Amanda Christine Wong said...

@Anon: Just a rant.

@Santafire: Gattling gun.