Saturday, March 3, 2012

Educate Yourself: Stop Lynas, Save Malaysia


Yup, I've decided to jump into the hippie crusader bandwagon.

I'm sure most people are aware of this potentially-mutating-humans issue, but I bet there are those who are ignorant enough to decide not to care, nor educating oneself about what is going to happen, because hey, they're not living in Pahang.  And there are those who are just born yesterday.

Well since you're here, I'm going to force my opinion on you whether you like it or not.  I have accepted my destiny as an educator (dramatic, much), and educated, you must be.  Okay, I don't know where that Yoda slang came from.  Just go with it, you must. Hmmmmm.

 I'm sure some of you out there are keenly interested on this issue, but you're just too damn lazy to read about it.  Ergh, if you don't like reading already I wonder how the generation of kids studying Journey To The Center of The Earth graphic novels would fare in the future.

Anyhoo, here's an infographic on Lynas and its effects on Malaysia.

Click to enlarge. Photosource

You can know more info news (which means you have to read) here.

Now I assume you know everything you should, so the next step you are going to take is sign these petitions.  No idea how much impact signing online petitions can give, but it's worth a shot:



Done? Yay.  But you still have one more thing to do.

Click the Facebook Share button.  Attaboy.

Education is power.  And sharing is caring.  Cliches are lame, but they certainly pack a punch.  What we're doing today is saving our future generations from being freaks.  We've got our efficient and trustworthy men in blue to save us fom crime, so we don't need superheros.

Or three-eyed fish

2 comments:

de engineur said...

I think it's not so much about the severity of the REE radioactivity, it's more to do with Malaysians attitude towards maintaining the facility & managing the waste. We always screw up; not once but almost certainly everytime.

Interesting graphics you've got here. I'll share this in my blog.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

de engineur: uhuh. that's one of em too. yeah, share it!