Saturday, September 24, 2011

Renovated!


As you can see, I have new a layout!

Well, it's still the same, just did a little tweaking here and there.

I started blogging in Blogspot in 2009.  Well actually I started blogging in 2005 in *gasp* Friendster.  Those were my darker days.

But it has been 3 years since I did anything to enhance my blog.  Among all the blogs I've followed, I believe that I have the plainest of them all.  After Patrick Teoh's Niamah!.

Actually from time to time, I did scour the Internet for interesting templates and skins.  But none suited me.  And you know that scouring would take hours, and by the time you realise it, you have already lost a whole day.  For nothing.

In the end, I was like, screw it.  I'm not entering The Most Beautiful Blog contest, nor am I getting paid by Nuffnang to prettify it.

I thought I'd wait till I have 200 followers, then I'll do something for my readers' eyes.

So 3 years later, I finally have 204 followers.  LOL.  I'm not getting any Miss Popularity blue ribbon any soon.

I now need to renovate my space.

I'm sure some of you have dropped by during my blog redesigning process and seen some horrific changes.  I wished that Blogspot would allow me to put a Work In Progress sign :/.

Anyway, I did find a few pretty skins, but haven't found what I was looking for.

The stupidest thing I did was forgetting to save my original template. WHAAAT.

So I was stuck with a mediocre looking skin for a day.  'Coz my eyes couldn't take the glare from my laptop anymore and body was screaming to lay the effing down.  I gave up.  Screw it, I'll just wait till have 300 followers then I'll go scouring again.

But then, loyal blog stalkers Carol and Lizee dropped me some pretty constructive comments.  I wasn't the only who didn't dig my new skin.

The next day, I went searching for my old photo of evil Mary, and luckily, I found it.  I went searching for simple skins, and googling my eyes for CSS pimping codes, in which by the way, aren't these CSS code providing geeks are the best?!  Where do they learn all these stuffs?  College?

And voila! My newly renovated blog.

You may need to get used with the artsy trimmings and the darker salmon background - I know I did.

But I'd love to hear your feedback.  Be brutal.  Don't mind my 8 hour effort, throbbing headache and watery eyes.

15 comments:

Azeanthy Paiman said...

hii hii!love to see your renovated lay out.

waa,that so long u had been in blogging activity?but the trutht is, yups, we're same. i'm started to have a blog (also frienster) since disember 2005. but now i destroyed it,yups,hurts to think about this.

anyway,nice to know you dear=)

Cynta said...

Bagus lagi pi cari baju dari cari layout :P I feel you!! Sometimes berjam-jam kunun mencari layout..last2 guna juga the previous one. Nonetheless, I like your blog's new layout ;-) It feels like nice and wicked forged together..(yaii..adakah begitu ah? hehehe)

nc said...

..absolutely wicked. :)

Lizeewong said...

Okay ah Manda. You said be brutal right? 1. I like the fact that you used your signature font for the blog title. 2. I'm happy with evil mary cos that's your blog's trademark. 3. The blog title is wicked alright - looks like blood splattered all over a masthead. Probably the lamb's kan? Hehehe. Is that intentional? 4. I'm not crazy about the peachy pink background though. I expected something darker, something wickeder :P

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Azeanthy Paiman: Hi! Haha, i really dont know what happened to my Friendster blog...dont even know if it still exists. Btw, thanks for dropping by :D

Cynta: heheh...thanks! itu la tu. when i think of the time wasted...omg...i could've done something more productive!but hey, it's the weekend :D

nc: THANKS! :D

Lizee: Once u go u wont stop huh? LOL. Hm, i didnt put too much thought on the splattered blood...but hey, it works! Well okay, i'll try to fix that up someday. im kinda sick looking at my laptop screen for too long :P

chegu carol said...

I don't fancy the background design. The color for me masih ok tapi tu design dia. Macam tidak ngam sama ko punya Absolutely Wicked tagline. Maybe plain background would do. Bukan yg previous one tu background dia plain juga ka tu?

Tapi tiapa...pelan2 ko :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

carol: ergh kay, satu hari sy cuba cari yg plain but still nice. sy panat sdh...hehe..tgu readers reach 300 mark la :D

Daniel Chiam said...

Oh nice nice... I like the fiery reds XD

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Daniel: thanks! :D

v said...

Changes are inevitable. I don't know if this could be considered as a feedback/comment but I'd like to just say - The most important thing is that you love it and you're happy with it. And that 'it' is subjected to changes over time (which will be totally up to u) :)

Melancholic Fool said...

i dont like pinky peachy colours... but hey that's me, because i love mundane, still, boring colours like black and grey...

ANYWAY... the thing is, ur blog title is already 'absolutely Wicked'... and u have been writing things that had been - in simpler words - interesting enough that people would want to spend a few minutes of their lives reading and commenting and drooling over puppy pics.

Also, u see the pic with the cute girl dragging the dead lamb, it shows that u are a fan of juxtaposition...

So what I am trying to say here is that, because of the things u wrote, and the amount of juxtapositions, and ur randomness in ur post genre, the peachy, pinky colour thing fits ur blog, as though saying that 'I'm brave and I'm loud,'... and i dont think u will just stick with this right? u WILL change it sometime in the future,,, because u can be unexpected...

hopefully u'll understand what ive been rambling, and no, i dont hink u'll find my comments helpfull... hehe

J. Izenhertz said...

Hmm, there is a lot of room for improvements. Keep learning the whole webs coding and you might just able to create something that suit you.

I didn't know that Patrick Teoh and his wife got a blog. Huh, his blog is black and hers is white. Everyone, even the old people got a blog nowadays.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

V: yes, agreed, agreed and agreed. i'll change it when i get bored again :D

Azhar: Uh, what? hehe..JK. i get u. it's like saying i can be a murderous bitch yet puppies melt me to the core :D

J. Izenhert: yeah, when i have extra time. uhuh, but i totally dig teoh's wicked sarcasm.

zewt said...

mine also quite mah...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

zewt: er, yeaah...