Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scammers Gonna Scam



I can finally quit my job, pay my life long debt to my father, buy a yacht, make a bonfire camp out 50 dollar bills and own me some slaves!


Thanks Mr Hilton! You can't be from the Hilton lineage, can you? JK!  Funny how your email is Yahoo HK.  But I'm pretty sure that's where you fly to for high tea.

Well, hey, what's this?  Another email...

FROM THE DESK OF MR GHANI NASSER.
MANAGER AUDIT&ACCOUNT DEPT,
BANK OF AFRICA OUGADOUGOU
BURKINA-FASO.

I am Mr.Ghani Nasser Manager Audit/Accounting Department BANK OF AFRICA( B.O.A ) Ougadougou Burkina-Faso, i would like to know if this proposal will be worth while for your acceptance.i have a Foreign Customer,Manfred Hoffman from Germany who was an Investor, Crude Oil Merchant and Federal Government Contractor, he was a victim with Concord Air Line, flight AF4590 killing 113 people crashed on 25 July 2000 near Paris leaving a closing balance of Nineteen
Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($19.3m) in one of his Private US dollar Account that was been managed by me as his Customer's Account Officer.

Base on my security report, these funds can be claimed without any hitches as no one is aware of the funds and it's closing balance except me and the customer who is (Now Deceased) therefore, I can present you as the Next of Kin and we will work out the modalities for the claiming of the funds in
accordance with the law.

Now,if you are interested and really sure of your trustworthy,accountability and confidentiality on this transaction without dissapointment, contact me through my email for further details.i expect your letter.
our sharing ratio will be 50% for me and 40% for you.while 10% will be for the neccesary expenses that might occur along the line.
i expect your reply urgently.
N.B.In other for you to beleive my honesty try and go through this

(website)before you start with me.

Below is the website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

sincerely
Mr Ghani Nasser.


I have a fukkin rich African kin?! DOUBLE RAINBOW! Now I can make bonfires out of 100 dollar bills!

Oh scammers, you always make my day.  Especially when my car breaks down and the mechanic tells me that my total repair bill is RM1384.

On a serious note, if plane crashes and generous dying CEOs don't tug on your heart strings, some cons use our little furry friends to do so. 


Before I got Sookie, I scoured the net for puppies.  Then I'd stumble into few 'amazing' deals, say, sellers who are not even selling their RM2K worth of pure-bred Siberian Huskey, but actually 'looking' for people to adopt them.

If you are puppy-hungry and you'll never have extra RM2K in your pocket to buy a pure breed, of course you'd jump on the 'opportunity'.

I was one of them just curious at the offer.  So I enquired.  Note that I found this seller on Mudah.my.  This was what them puppy-using con artists replied:

hello,

          thanks for your interest in my puppies,they are home trained,vet checked,registered,has good temperament with kids and other house hold pets,they are ten weeks old and my reason for giving them out is because,they belonged to my late daughter (Jennice)who just died in a motor accident two weeks ago and with this puppy around me make me thing of her all the time,so i was advice to give them out to caring and loving families that will take proper care of them for me,i am presently in Singapore for a pets program and really don't know when i will be coming back ,so if you really these puppies as stated,i will give them to you for free but will like to know somethings about you,

are you married?
do you have kids?
have you ever had a pet before?
are you a breeder?
what do you do for a living?
 
please note that,if you can't make it up to Singapore,we can still get the puppies over to your home with the help of a  pets delivery company ok and that will cost you 360(MRY) for one puppy,so if this is ok by you,then just get back to me with your full delivery data so that i can take them to the agency,have them registered for urgent delivery at your home,the delivery information's needed are,

your full names?
home address?
contact number?
postal code?
city?
state?
country?

as soon as i have all these details,i will take it to the agency for delivery at your home ok.

I was duped knew it was too good to be true.

Some are even beyond funny.


There is someone in small town, cinema-lacking, only-one-traffic light Keningau who actually sells an actual Akita!  WOW! I could go to his/her place right now!

Just for kicks, I enquired.  They gave me the same bullshit and questions.  Since they proclaim they are from Keningau, I told them I wanted to meet them like, at that moment.  Then came another beautifully written piece of shit:

Hello,
we are very happy you have promised to take proper care of the puppies,my wife and i have always wanted someone who can show much love for them and we are happy you have promised to take proper care of them.At the moment i am working as a stuck keeper in Thailand which i was just recently transferred .It has been so hard for me and my wife to stay home and take proper care of these puppies so i will arrange for the puppies to be Delivered to your home,my wife has once delivered a kitten to her parents and she knows much about the delivery procedure.She has promised to get either the male or female registered for Home delivery. I informed her that you have promised to take proper care of the puppies,and she was really happy about that.The delivery fee for the puppies including the puppies is 350MYR.The following is needed from you to get the baby registered.

Of course they are not in Keningau at the moment! 

So yeah, as much as the Internet contains douchebags who wouldn't hurt a fly, there are more people who are actual douchebags but pretend to be your fairy godmother.

Moral of the story is, please be careful with these scammers.  I'm sure there are lots of other tactics besides those above.  Once, my aunt received an e-mail from 'Hong Leong Bank' to verify her account or password or something, and to do it, she has to click on the link.  Within a day, they emptied her account.  When she went to the bank to ask where the hell all her money went, she was given a slip stating her account money usage.  Apparently, she 'reloaded' her phone RM100 for like, 10 times in a row.  True story.

So now we have inheritance scammers, lottery scammers, puppy scammers, bank scammers and love scammers.  Am I missing anything out?

By the way, I think puppy scammers are just mean. :(

4 comments:

chegu carol said...

These people will try EVERYTHING to get fast money cos they believe there are still lots of gullible people in this world. That's actually true. Kalau teda demand, mana ada supply kan?


Happy holidays Manda!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

carol: true. happy hols! n welcome back down to 'earth' :D

de engineur said...

i think you just caught that puppy guy with his pant down when you said you wanted to see him in Keningau.

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

de engineur: u bet i did! :D