Friday, July 8, 2011

It was a mistake - and now I'm the douche


I'm talking 'bout the 'parent complaint'.

After I lashed out talked to the class about the false accusation, the HEM teacher came to talk to me.

She told me that it wasn't me.  It was a mistake.

When I think about my brilliantly wicked sarcastic speech that I gave to the class, I'm a little bit embarrassed.

So I was fine then.  Glad to know it was a mistake.  Let's move on already.

And today,  I was called once again to meet the HEM.  Great, what did I do now? I thought.

To my surprise, the complaining parent was there.  She was this frail lady who looked terrified upon seeing me.

Then she apologised profusely for mistaking me as the witch who spouts curses.

Damn, I did not see that coming.

And of course, I told her I had no hard feelings anymore as it was an honest mistake.

Then she teared up.

DAMN. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

She felt really bad about the false accusation till she couldn't do anything but think of how pissed I am.  Apparently my speech worked really well till her kid went crying over guilt - and now her mom too.  'Coz my student know what a damn good teacher I am (as per told by the mother to me and the HEM - free glowing commendation, anyone?)

And that made me feel like a douche.

So yeah. Intense moment for a while there.  Now that even the issue is settled, I'm not going to delete my previous post as I am speaking for those ill-treated teachers, who don't get to live a day to meet apologetic parents.

As for the moral of the story today, well, parents can be an ass, but they can also be living testimonials of how important you are in their children's life.

If you're not a witch though.  And a douche. 

Gosh, when am I ever gonna get over that?

11 comments:

sHeiLa said...

haha..what a touching day~!

ada juga keluar air mata ka manda? :P

Santafire said...

i wanna listen to ur speech

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Sheila: punya men sy rasa bersalah! sian ni tgk tu aunteh....adeh.

santafire: it was more like a psychological lecture :D

sheen said...

manda, the mother is mindfucuking u la... :p

Asrih Arif said...

that's a relief bah jugak... at least u know ur baby students love u!!!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

sheen: holy shit - u might be right!

Asrih: Yup :D. baru blh mengajar dgn tenang :D

chegu carol said...

Heh, siok kan jadi cigu? :D

Yen said...

good 4 u then..mesti teruk budak2 tu kena ngan ko kan..hehhe.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Carol: that part la :D

Yen: heheh...nda la...im nice baa...heh

Lizeewong said...

Wow. That is so dramatic! I don't think any other teacher in the whole of Sabah has this kind of excitement in their teaching career. Kan Manda? Sian jg la the aunty. anyway, glad you're off the hook :))

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Lizee: hehe..maybe ada jg ba...but they dont tell their story as dramatic as i do :D. anyways. yes, sgt kesian! i felt so bad ni..ergh. but glad its over la :D