Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm A One Year Old Teacher


It's been one year since I became a teacher!

Ridonk, right? 

I've gotten through that awkward phase of transitioning from student to teacher.

And now I'm a one year old teacher.

Like, what?

So.  Did I enjoy it?

Well.

I have my dark days.  And everytime I feel like a loser for not being able to control students, make them give a fuck, I'd be highly motivated to get out from school after I've finished my government bond.  In which I have another 4 years to go.

I learned to care about kids who are not related to me - and I realised that could hurt me a lot.  Especially when they don't care about themselves.  Time, money and energy is wasted, and an array of diseases would come knocking on my door.

I learned that being a teacher doesn't mean just teaching.  You have to do a million fucking odd jobs at the same time.

I learned that your colleagues can be your best friends, and some of them can be sharks.  Shark in a dugong's skin.

And I have learned that I can't save them all.  Which is still utterly depressing for me.  Maybe I'm gonna need another year to gain thicker skin.

But did I enjoy it?

Maybe.  I do enjoy a Teacher's Day Celebration. 

Yeah, we eventually had it like, two months later from the exact date.

And I thought my first Teacher's Day Celebration at my previous school was awesome.

But my current school is pretty rad.  100% organised by students for teachers.

We had a 'sukaneka'.

We had a Fashion Show.

In which of course I won :D

And they build huge wedding-like tents and fed us.
Though I was not so much inundated with gifts this year unlike the previous...

But as a whole class gift, this is radically awesome. And pretty!

So. Do I enjoy being a teacher?

Despite all the shiteous things I have to go through, there is a pot of gold waiting for me at the end of the day.


This is only the first year.  Might as well enjoy the next four years, eh?


14 comments:

chegu carol said...

Happy 1st yr teaching anniversary. Buli tu kau manda! ^_^

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Carol: teehee...thanks! :D

Memer said...

Go Manda! Go!

TaQuiLa said...

happy 1st anniversary my dear!

mine ngam2 hari guru! kekekeke :P

wah, sa suka semangat tu budak2 mo bagi ko LV and JC ooo..salute!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Memer: Yeah memer yeah!

Sheila: bingung sy kijap nampak nama ko taquila, then teringat post ko tu ari...hehe...ya ba, so sweet kan them :D

AnnieMing said...

Happy 1st Teaching Anniversary, Manda! ;-D

Sioknya kamu punya teacher's day celebration. Kami yang besa-besa ja ni. Haha..

Cynta said...

Happy first teaching anniversary, Amanda!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Annie: hehe...thanks! u gotta hand it to the kids :D

Cynta: thanks! :D

Phoebe said...

Tu ur 'teacher' fb tu kan.. Hahaha...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Phy: yup! have to cover up a bit :D

Lizeewong said...

Happy 1st Anniversary Manda :)

Your kids know you so well! Kena janji LV sama J Choo ba kan!! That is so cool :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Lizee: hehe...thanks! it's a sweet thought :D

NekochanMiruku said...

happy 1st anniversary Amanda Sensei~ you rawk! FTW! hehe...
p/s u sooo pretty n tall... hihi..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Nekochan: teehee! thanks :D. it's the shoes and the makeup baby :D