Tick/flea shampoo, injection, drip don't seem to work on my dogs.
I guess it can't be helped that they have acres of free grassy space to play around.
They also like to
Picking the ticks one by one is an even losing battle. C'mon, they've been around since the dinosaurs. What are humans to them?
So I've been doing some research about those damn dog ticks. And here's what I found out:
- Ticks are arachnids, not insects. And Spidey isn't the only arachnid comic hero.
- Those nasties on your dog's neck, ears, legs and between the toes are yes, ticks.
- The bitch tick can lay a motherlode of 5000 eggs in her lifetime. They won't ever fucking extinct, no siree.
- A tick would kick back, relax and complete its entire life cycle in YOUR house.
- Then only it would find a dog as a new host for its nasty orgy.
- Ticks crawl, but they can't fly since they have no wings. Thank God their evolution stopped right there and then.
- They have their very own thermal goggles called 'Haller's organ' that sense odor, heat and humidity. That's how they locate their food.
- They're pretty sneaky. They once again kick back and relax this time on tall grass, and latch on our dogs when they come near.
- The male tick is small and flat.
- The female is a greyish fat bitch, the size of a pea. Now we know who wears the pants.
- As you can see, they are fucking gross.
- After sucking the life of your pup, it swells up to the size of a small bean.
- Then it mindlessly drops off to complete the rest of its cycle.
- When it sucks blood, it literally buries its head INTO the skin. Fucking gross.
- I would like to reiterate that ticks are fucking gross.
You can get more information from here.
Ways to kill 'em?
The best answer I can get from all over the internet: Pull the motherfucker out using a tweezer.
But what about the other 53470 ticks huh?
And that is why I'm absolutely ticked.
I heard kerosene and tobacco ash would do the trick to kill and prevent them. Have you heard of this before? What is your method of getting rid of ticks?
Help me pwease?