Thursday, April 28, 2011

When you are born reckless, some of your dreams die


I'm supposed to gloat about my recent trip to Philippines but I just got a depressing revelation.

This is the car I drive to work.


It's been in the family for years, and since I'm paying the installment, it's technically mine.  Please don't mind Toby and Ting Ting.  They just can't help themselves.

Y'all know my dream of owning a sport car, right?

Well, that dream just got crushed.

Not because of the lack of an impossibly huge sum of money, or that it guzzles five litres of petrol every 15 minutes.

It's because I'm just this.


 I'm born reckless. Though I would like to stress I have never been in a car accident in my 7 years of driving experience.

And now I'm depressed not because I have to spend money to get new skirtings for my car (well, maybe a little), but because I, Amanda Christine Wong, CANNOT drive a sporty, lowered car.  EVER.

No matter how hard I try to drive as careful as I can, I'm bound to wreck the bumper/skirting.


My dreams cracked when the skirting cracked.  Sigh.

Imma gonna need to drive a reckless-proof car.  Anyone who knows a titanium monster truck up for sale, please drop me a message.

'Coz I'm never ever gonna feel the wind in my hair as I speed along the highway in my wicked sport car.

I'm too reckless, just like that.

Like Lady Gaga would say, "Baby, I was born this way."

7 comments:

Cynta said...

ouch!! macamana boleh kuyak tu skirting? u hit a speed bump ka?

chegu carol said...

sports car bukan utk drive pigi school gia tu. tia pasal2 kena garit budak :)

i feel for what happened to your car :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

jacynta: i dont knooow...i think i hit a curb T_T

carol: yeah, utk kasi sanang hati la kan tu..hehe...tarabang duitku lg :/

Mimi said...

Adoi.. I recently got hit by a motorbike a.. Wasn't my fault, I was u-turning legally, he ran through red light and hit my car. I'm a very careful driver but accident happens.. Apa bole buat.. so I understand how you're feeling right now.

kei-1 said...

avoid skirts, get a pants

Santafire said...

im a bloody speedster, paling malas mau fikir pasal skirting.

I guess you can ask the workshop to push up the car's body when you go for servicing. But some cars cannot.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Mimi: yeah, its even annoying when it is not ur fault...sigh

k: that's actually a good idea. :/

santafire: yeah, i could do that...but scared it would look weird, u know, like a person walking while pulling their pants up..hehe