Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let's Poco Poco for Jesus!


You heard me, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!  Let us dance for the Lord!

Apparently, according to the latest news, the Poco Poco dance originating from fuckidontcarewhere is very "Christian".  How come we didn't know that?! I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the Perak Jawatankuasa Fatwa for enlighting us with such wonderful news! Though now we can no longer do that dancerobic with our Muslim friends as it is now 'haram' for them, we are nevertheless ECSTATIC now that we Christians can call that dance OUR OWN! YAY!



Thank you for showing us blind Christians the light! Now that we know that this dance is "Christian", can you imagine how MUCH we have sinned for NOT incorporating this Poco Poco in our Sunday Masses and prayer rituals?  Why didn't they taught this in Sunday School? And oh the Bible! How can they NOT mention about it?!  Or maybe I should read the Bible more!  So once again, I would like to thank the people who made it possible for us Christians to stake a claim on this holy dance! *touched*

So remember brother and sisters in Christ, whenever we want to worship Jesus/read the bible/receive the holy communion/pray for something, don't forget to get your Poco Poco on with the Lord!

Hallelujah!

12 comments:

hojiayiing said...

I never know Poco-poco is a Christian Dance till now~ Amen, indeed, such wonderful news and u put it so wonderfully~ :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Amen sista!

Santafire said...

Oh God, forgive me for I have been blind! I shall repent now.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Santafire: Now thou shalt dance!

Cynta said...

holy poco-poco!! first yoga and then poco-poco? tsk tsk...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

cynta: hahah...nanti karate, taekwondo, qi gong... etc2 lagi tu T_T

karulann said...

LOL... me love your post on this "fatwa tidak ada asas kebenaran langsung" :P

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Karulann: Well, im sure they did their 'homework'. heh.

gunsirit said...

I don't even know to dance the poco-poco...can anybody teach me?

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Gunsirit: that is blasphemy!

afiq said...

here's my thought, as a muslim i personally think that poco2 is actually good for you if you want to exercise but you know we muslim have certain guidelines that we have to follow(cover your aurat,etc) if we were to engage in it, same can be said for other activities such as jogging,futsal etc. About it being a religious dance i myself (well, not just me in this case) never heard of it, not in the past 22 years of my life. Even if it's true (by any chance) that wouldn't stop me cause i myself know that i'm doing it just to exercise my body that's all, not to embrace christian or other religions you know. In the end it's up to that individual(muslim) wheter to make it haram or halal, wheter to commit a sin by ignoring those rules or benefit yourselves from a simple 20 minutes exercise. Besides you can't expect those 60 years old grandpas to jog 5km just to get a good sweat right? Then this is one of the alternative for them don't you think..?

Amanda Christine Wong said...

afiq: EXACTLY!it all comes down to your own self, whether your heart is true or not. but apparently, not for the 'people' in perak.i pity the senior citizens there who cant dance their ass off!