Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Celebrating Chinese New Year like an adult y'all.


This year, I'm having a very adult Chinese New Year celebration.

No, not that kind of adult.

But as in, a real life, matured working adult.

I don't have to be angry with AirAsia every time Chinese New Year comes.

And like a classy adult, there will be no senseless drinking and money throwing.

It's just gonna be a quiet reunion dinner with the family and my grandpa.

And instead of purring at his feet for extra bills in my angpow (like I used to), I'm going to be that filial granddaughter who gives him money instead.  Not that my parents told me to do so though.

But maybe my dad would be happy to spare his Swing...and we'll sit by the balcony watching other people blast their hundreds dollars worth fireworks into colourful nothingness in the cold, dark night.

And once we're done making fun on people's expenses, I'll retire to bed early so I'd feel wonderful on the first day of the Chinese year.  Baru ada ong maa...

So here's to my baby steps into becoming an adult.

Happy Chinese New Year people.

So cute

13 comments:

~Adorable Alycia~ said...

Have a greAt CNY amanda ^_^

Sabahan Bloggers Club said...

Wish you:

Happy Chinese New Year.
"兔年吉祥!
Tù nián jí xiáng!
Good Luck in the Year of the Rabbit!"

from:
lunaticg.
SBC Admin.
Sabahan Bloggers Club.

Santafire said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family, Amanda!

Haha sa pernah tu ada bunny yg gatal gigi.

GladysDavid said...

Ya bah, once we've started working it is our duty to give back to our parents/grandparents. I agree with you on that.

Enjoy your Chinese New Year, Amanda!

chegu carol said...

Xin nian kuai ler!!

Somehow, after we know how hard it is to get that hard-earn pay...all we want to do is to sit down and be thankful that we are still breathing to witness all that's around us. :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Alycia: thanks! :D

SBC: thanks a lot!

Santafire: thanks! must be so freakin adorable! :D

GladysDavid: right...hehe...thank you!

carol: happy chinese new year to u too! ya ba kan...guess that explains it :D

Lizeewong said...

Aha..That sounds adult alright..Hehehe...The tone mcm paksa-rela seja :P

Happy CNY once again Amantah XD

donny said...

Hello Teacher
Happy CNY to you..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

lizee: boy, u are getting a kick with my taiwanese name huh..haha...yeaah...sorta paksa rela...heh...and once again, thanks!

Donny: hey! thanks!

Uncle Lee said...

Wayyy to go, Amanda.
And bet grandpa will be thrilled receiving the red packet from you.
Good for you.
Have a happy new year!
Lee.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

uncle lee: he was! thanks! happy chinese new year!

gunsirit said...

I have been eating and drinking a lot during the CNY...I guess I should become an adult too..hahahah..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

gunsirit: LOL. isnt that what adults do?