Friday, December 24, 2010

How Much The Stuffs in Twelve Days of Christmas Actually Costs



Last Christmas, I spoilt the Santa Clause Is Coming to Town song for you.

This year, it is going to be The Twelve Days of Christmas.

Well, I'm not exactly going to maim your fantasies of six geese a-laying, but rather, lay out the facts for you.

On how much EXACTLY the person's true love spent on her everyday for the next twelve days of Christmas.

This genius here has already researched and calculated the cost, so I'm just going to summarise it for you.

On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
A patridge in a pear tree

Patridge and a pear tree = $40


On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

2 turtle doves = $16


On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

3 French hens = $45


On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

4 calling birds = $1 (bird seeds to lure them in)

[Link]

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
5 golden rings = $125

 

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
6 geese = $480

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

6 swans = $4200

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
 
8 maids milking using a machine = $3320

[Link] 

On the nineth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
9 dancing ladies (stripper/ballroom) = $5000


On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten Lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
10 Lords (hire for a speech, then get them drunk) = $200 000

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten Lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
11 pipers (flutists/bagpipers) =  $2200


On the twelveth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten Lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.
12 drummers = $600

Total cost = $216 027
Total cost in MYR = RM669 156.06

So now we know this lover is actually just a rich sweet dumb guy.

Anyway, Christmas is not about whipping out your calculator and calculating the damage done to your wallet buying gifts that will probably be hated or handed down to other people, (sorta), but it is the spirit of giving.  And forgiving, and hoping that person will forgive you for totalling his car when you flash that nicely wrapped shiny box which actually contains a puny two-ringgit-store photo frame at him.

May your Christmas be merry, people.
 

10 comments:

gunsirit said...

Have a blessed Christmas to you Amanda..

chegu carol said...

hahaha reminds me of what my niece say to his uncle again...'but uncle dwayne, christmas is not about having budget!'... LOL! matai if no strict budget on buying gifts...tus kering poket by New year...


Merry Christmas Manda!!!

CathJ said...

Merry Christmas to you!! ^_^

Amanda Christine Wong said...

gunsirit: thanks!

carol: heheh...ya ba...we have CNY lagi kan..hee...THANKS!

Cath: thank you! :D

NekochanMiruku said...

haha! neko likes this! happy christmas amanda~ ^^V

Amanda Christine Wong said...

happy christmas nekochan! :D

Marion said...

Okay, I'm going to print this and email it to my bf so he knows just where the line stops.. LOL

Merry Christmas! <3 AND I love your new hair!

Asrih Arif said...

Please write an entry about ur xmas celebration... i really miss kgau..

Lizeewong said...

Hehehe...Yeah..I was just reading the news last night about the Kiwis selling their unwanted Christmas gifts online. Most of them are women. Their boyfriends mcm this guy mungkin kan. :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

marion: LOL. thanks btw! :D

asrih arif: well, it was just a small xmas dinner with my family, hence no photos...oh but the party was on the 24th...u can check the pics on fb ;)

lizee: haha...maybe la. thats why im always specific when it comes to my christmas presents from my bf, or any presents for that matter :D