Monday, December 27, 2010

Another year over - What have you done?


So the year is ending.

Wow.

And it only seemed like yesterday when I had a tiny meltdown upon entering 2010.

'Coz it was my last semester ever after 6 years studying (I had to reiterate the period of my course every time, huh?), I was gonna enter class for the first fucking time and oh my god, what if I screw something up (or get screwed really bad - if you catch my drift) that I COULD NOT GRADUATE ON TIME?!

CAN YOU BELIEVE I GOT THROUGH ALL THAT?!

Or, to be less self-centered, CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU GOT THROUGH WHATEVER SHIT THAT CAME YOUR WAY THIS YEAR?!

It's amazing how things work out in the end.

Did I keep to my resolutions and achieve what I sought?

Well, I didn't exactly have new year resolutions nor goals to achieved...

But I did enter class as a fucking teacher for the first time.


I graduated without scabs, broken/paralysed legs or bumps (if you catch my drift).


And I got a job - I became a real teacher.



There were bumps along the way like, how I almost got kicked out of the programme (okay, I may be a little bit dramatic) for having parents of students (which are not mine, thank you very much) making direct complains to the headmistress for having a "seditious blog", facing unruly students whistling like wolves at me like I was walking in my undies when I first got posted (and it continued still till the end of the semester), and of course throwing out students and sadistically ripping their papers in front of them.

But I made it till the end of the year.

I made the overwhelming mindfuck of a transition from student to teacher.

So to quote John Lennon:

So, this is Chrismas
And what have you done?
Another year over
And a new one just begun


What have you done/achieved?

9 comments:

gunsirit said...

Congrat for having gone thru the year. I know teaching is not easy..ehehhe..anyway, It's xmas and what have i done? Nothing, its better that way..ahah

Mimi said...

Was a good year for you!! For me it was not so.. was sad to be exact... will write about it in due time..

Happy new year Manda!

Memer said...

Nothing much going on this year, same ol same ol,

Wyne @ Mouren Mauve said...

Congratulation to you...

Lizeewong said...

Yay on being a new teacher :)

It was a roller-coaster year for me.

zewt said...

do you teach science? when the govt finally introduced sex education... would you be interested? lol

Kelvin said...

I achieved nothing but fats T_T

Amanda Christine Wong said...

gunsirit: thanks! aah, there's always next year, and the year after that too :D

mimi: aw...well okay...happy new year to u too!

memer: well, something's gonna happen next year, i can promise u :D

Wyne: thanks!m :D

lizee: thanks! i could guess so according to ur posts! :D

zewt: nah, i teach english. but i'd be willing to teach :D

kelvin: uh, that means u make more money than u use to? :D

Memer said...

Damn, hate you for bringing that up! Arghhh