Friday, December 31, 2010

10 Things To Achieve in 2011


Aah...tomorrow's gonna be a new year.

But to some it's just another day.

Especially those who are cynical about new year's resolutions - those who could only keep it for the first week, start beating themselves up for their failure by the end of the month, totally forgotten what they were gonna change about themselves by the middle of the year, and by the end of the year, they swear they will do good the coming year.  And the cycle continues.

I was one of those people.  Then one day, I decided I don't wanna do resolutions.  'Coz I realised, no matter how hard I try, I can never, ever improve my handwriting.  Ever.  But hey, what can I say - I was born with the hands of a doctor.

So for years now, I never stopped to think of what change I should do, or what should I achieve.

But somehow today, I feel like having resolutions and goals in life.

Perhaps graduating was my ultimate goal - and now I've done that, I needed something more.

So these are the 10 things I need do/get done by the end of 2011:

1. Pass my teaching interview (SPP).  I feel like I'm gonna suck balls 'coz the only part of the newspaper I'm interested in is completing the Sudoku and checking for job vacancies and crazy ads.


2. Get my profession certified and promoted to a full-fledged teacher (after I pass my interview, of course).  This would usually take two to three years, but now I'm in a guinea pig program where the new teachers have to compile shit into a portfolio (pretty much like when I was doing my practical), with the chance of getting certifed in one year's time.



3. Make extra money.  Give tution or something.  Sell some organs.  Anything.  I have turned into a materialistic monster.  I don't need help though.  Just a little bit extra income.  So anyway, if you know anyone who'd like some tutoring in my area, do contact me.  I won't sell their organs, I promise.


4.  Have half of the students in my dumb class to pass their English during their SPM.  Last exam, only ten out forty did.  I just need another ten.  Please.


5. Achieve flawless, blemish-free skin.  I'm 24 but my skin still thinks it's 14.  If you could recommend me a good skincare product for combination/oily skin and it works, I will buy you dinner.


6.  Restrain self from eating too much oily food. And more (the horror!) greens in my plate.  To me, veges are like grass to lions.  So yeah, much luck on that.


7. Go to the gym regularly.  Till the trainer finds out I've been eyeing his tight ass all these while.


8.  Save the world!  By saving the environment of course.  I've made it a habit to refuse plastic bags whenever I can.  But that's all I do.  The next step is to actually shop with those ugly reusable bags for total zero usage of plastic bags.


9. Go bungee-jumping in New Zealand!  Must achieve my life long dream next year.  Not that I don't have other life long dreams like getting married and have kids...BUT TO JUMP OFF A FUCKING CLIFF AND NOT DIE IS INSANE! See you soon Lizee! :D


10.  Continue to be an awesome teacher.  My spirit may have been slightly wrecked when I met my dumb as bread kids, but hey, it's the sick who need a doctor, right?  Gotta work a bit harder next year.


Or the very least, achieve half of what I set to achieve. :D

What's your new year's resolution?

19 comments:

Memer said...

Like all the 10 things you wanna achieve in 2011. Basically the dame one I want too. But No. 9? Heading there I guess,hahaha

Amanda Christine Wong said...

hehe...yup, i've been planning it the past few weeks :D

Phoebe said...

Manda, for your skin issues i suggest you try Neogence. You cn get it at Sasa. I recommend going to the Sasa at Warisan Square. Ask for Sharanjit. She will b your bestfiend soon. Lol...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

phoebe: i bet she's ur bestfriend now huh? :D. googling that product now...

Santafire said...

yappy hew near,amanda!
All the best in 2011.

AnnieMing said...

Happy New Year, Manda! ^_^

sHeiLa said...

Here are some tips for some of ur resolutions..

1. SPP's interview..just remember the PIPP, the ministers, edu background etc. If u are lucky, they didn't even ask u about those.. :)

5. I had my hard time to achieve the blemish free skin, yet..I still have some dots la.but less since i use the OLay product. Give it a try..

tu jak la..

and the rest...good luck to u~!

Happy new year babe

Amanda Christine Wong said...

santafire: yappy hew near to u too!

Annie: happy new year! :D

sheila: THANKS for the tips sheila! muah! all those things la yg im afraid the most...huhu...olay huh? ok,i'll give it a try then :)

Mimi said...

Happy New Year Manda! I like the NZ part, I also want to go, minus the bungee jumping la.. hehe

Lizeewong said...

Yay to number 9!!! Can't wait to see you :)

I'm also trying to achieve 5, 7 and 8. I think 5 is the hardest.

Happy New Year manda :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

mimi: COME! I'll pm u when they open the flights in airasia :D. happy new year!

lizee: me too! yeah, hopefully we'll pull through! happy new year!

Joan said...

happy new year moi!!!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

happy new year joan! :D

nc said...

all the best to ur new year resolutions :) im sure u can do it (^_^)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

nc: thanks! hopefully :D

chegu carol said...

yay to bungee jumping! i want to do that too altho no definite time frame la cos i have phased out the years where i would absolutely jumped to the idea of 'let's jump now!'...ahahaha...bukan yearly resolution sudah tapi ah paduli la...

chegu carol said...

btw, air asia inaugural flight to christchurch NZ kicks off April 1st...nope,it's not April Fool joke :)

Mitchell said...

Hey, "wicked channel"! Followed :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

carol: hehe...i know u want it too! lets go to Christchurch then! im bringing si botak, u bring urs too - we'll crash at Lizee's :D. ps:thanks for the info! im going crazy checking airasia everyday T)T

Mitchell: hey thanks man! :D