But to some it's just another day.
Especially those who are cynical about new year's resolutions - those who could only keep it for the first week, start beating themselves up for their failure by the end of the month, totally forgotten what they were gonna change about themselves by the middle of the year, and by the end of the year, they swear they will do good the coming year. And the cycle continues.
I was one of those people. Then one day, I decided I don't wanna do resolutions. 'Coz I realised, no matter how hard I try, I can never, ever improve my handwriting. Ever. But hey, what can I say - I was born with the hands of a doctor.
So for years now, I never stopped to think of what change I should do, or what should I achieve.
But somehow today, I feel like having resolutions and goals in life.
Perhaps graduating was my ultimate goal - and now I've done that, I needed something more.
So these are the 10 things I need do/get done by the end of 2011:
1. Pass my teaching interview (SPP). I feel like I'm gonna suck balls 'coz the only part of the newspaper I'm interested in is completing the Sudoku and checking for job vacancies and crazy ads.
2. Get my profession certified and promoted to a full-fledged teacher (after I pass my interview, of course). This would usually take two to three years, but now I'm in a guinea pig program where the new teachers have to compile shit into a portfolio (pretty much like when I was doing my practical), with the chance of getting certifed in one year's time.
3. Make extra money. Give tution or something. Sell some organs. Anything. I have turned into a materialistic monster. I don't need help though. Just a little bit extra income. So anyway, if you know anyone who'd like some tutoring in my area, do contact me. I won't sell their organs, I promise.
4. Have half of the students in my dumb class to pass their English during their SPM. Last exam, only ten out forty did. I just need another ten. Please.
5. Achieve flawless, blemish-free skin. I'm 24 but my skin still thinks it's 14. If you could recommend me a good skincare product for combination/oily skin and it works, I will buy you dinner.
6. Restrain self from eating too much oily food. And more (the horror!) greens in my plate. To me, veges are like grass to lions. So yeah, much luck on that.
7. Go to the gym regularly. Till the trainer finds out I've been eyeing his tight ass all these while.
8. Save the world! By saving the environment of course. I've made it a habit to refuse plastic bags whenever I can. But that's all I do. The next step is to actually shop with those ugly reusable bags for total zero usage of plastic bags.
9. Go bungee-jumping in New Zealand! Must achieve my life long dream next year. Not that I don't have other life long dreams like getting married and have kids...BUT TO JUMP OFF A FUCKING CLIFF AND NOT DIE IS INSANE! See you soon Lizee! :D
10. Continue to be an awesome teacher. My spirit may have been slightly wrecked when I met my dumb as bread kids, but hey, it's the sick who need a doctor, right? Gotta work a bit harder next year.
Or the very least, achieve half of what I set to achieve. :D
What's your new year's resolution?