Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finally, a room I can gloat about


For the past six years, I'd been away from home most of the time.

The only time I got to sleep on my own bed in my own bedroom in my own house was during holidays.

A month the longest, a week the shortest.

Living in a hostel was something really new to me, and something I really had to get used to, and eventually, I settled.


Carrying your toiletries to the common bath, cursing when you forgot something, glaring at the person who brushes her teeth too long when you're already late to class, dropping your underwear into the coverless drain hole while hoping no one would notice a panty floating across their cubicle and that it won't block the sewerage system, and cringing when you farted too loud while pooping last night's dinner especially when you know someone is waiting in line.

Not that it happened to me.  Maybe.

So going back home every holiday was a bliss to me.  I didn't have to carry my toiletries to the bathroom and I could just walk around with my towel on.  No one judges you when you fart outloud at home.

I missed my room no matter what a mess it looked like.


Even though it became a storeroom when I'm not around.  Granted my mom removed the stuff and made it looked like how it was the last time I left.  Including the occasional furniture stuffed in my room to make more space in the living room.


But those times are over.

We've moved out from our cramped housing area.

I get to wake up in my room 365 days a year, so I figured, my new room HAS to be swell.

No more junks under my bed, and no more hoarding.


People, I present to you...my new room!

Colour scheme inspired by...

You're welcome, boys.

Back to my room.  Sorry, no more bikini photos.

My most expensive favourite part of the room


Custom made desk where I pick my whiteheads

Custom made wardrobe where I hid a couple of bodies keep the rest of my junks

I won't be getting married and moving out so soon with a bedroom like this.

Unless I have reached my breaking point being awaken by crowing roosters and hens on labour every three o'clock in the morning.

21 comments:

Jessica Lyne said...

Your new room is gorgeous! Love Love Love your vanity slash study table, the racks, the white/pinkness or everything! Trus mau renovate bilik sendiri ni..hehe

Kelvin said...

Weeweet~

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Jess: THANKS! and when u do, post it! :D

Kevin: I'm vain I know...heh

Mimi said...

Nice Manda! I love the colors! I love white furniture! When I get my own place soon, I'll use white furniture... hehehe

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

HUAHH!

Me likey your new room! And like usual I will giggle alone reading your post. Haha.. Thanks for that. See you on the 15th moi! ^_^

Joan said...

punya cantik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love.. love it..how i wish i could have white furnitures

sHeiLa said...

sa sukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa banget with ur new room!

the color scheme looks so refreshing when it blends well with white..

perhaps i could visit it one day :P

chris federick said...

woot seriously thats ur room? NICE! If everything turns redish/darker than that would b my ideal room haha.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Mimi: Thanks! I love it too! but do u know how hard it was to find white furnitures?! In kl maybe there's a lot, but 1 kk i round, none that i've found!

Annie: heheheh...thanks! Ok, if i can make it :DD

Joan: thanks a lot! i learned that u can...by painting it ;)

Sheila: SURE! mintapuji betul o sy ni...kekeke

Chris: uhuh... :D. well actually i didnt plan to have such 'girly' colour. i planned something darker, like black, grey or red but my mom was against it. plus my brother already put dibs into the colour..heh

Phoebe said...

OMG I love it! I am still living like a nomad for the past 8 years of my life and lived in my luggage for the last 1 and a half years. Dunno when I will be able to settle in a house or room of my own and truly customize it to my own taste and style..

chegu carol said...

yes, me love white furniture too! loves the white book racks manda.

Santafire said...

wall art is hebats

Mark said...

nice colour,eh amanda hehehe...no more baby-girl colours room, now, it's a grown-up-will-becoming-a man's wife-and-children's mama colours XD

bah jan lupa tau, kawin jemput siurang hehehehe

debrajill said...

loves your room renovation manda!!!!very nice~!! do you do them by yourself??? oh~ the white furniture is gorgeos~!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Phy: Well, if u're planning to stay at your house there for say, 5 years, why not? :)

carol: first of all, welcome back! and secondly, thanks! it's custom made, so in case i have more books, i just add more racks :D.

Santafire: right?! best part of the room.

mark: u're like, totally out of context...as usual. thanks mark.

debrajill: thanks! hee...yup2, all my brain idea...and numerous house and living magazines! :D

Lizeewong said...

I love it too! It's gorgeous. I love the white furniture. And the feature wall. And your new desk. And the book shelves...semuala :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Lizee: hihi...me too! THANKS! :D

Gallivanter said...

Excellent makeover, and I'm talking about your swimwear photo!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Gallivanter: Damnit gallivanter! XD

nc said...

love the white furniture

white is beautiful :)

great room o..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

thanks nc! :D