Sunday, July 18, 2010

Goodbye student hello teacher


This week's it.

I will finally know where Fate's gonna send me.

And no, I didn't tamper with it, no cables. Except for time when my mom made me go to the PPD to ask for a place in my hometown.

Or if she secretly went behind my back and begged every school principal in every school in Keningau to write a recommending letter.

I'll be attending a two day briefing, and on the third day, they'll bring us to our school, wherever in hell it will be.

So basically it's like a reality show, where the contestants have absolutely no idea what their next challenge or destination will be. Minus the cameras and million dollar prize.

There should be paramedics 'coz I'm sure there will be cardiac arrests.

Anyways.

Yes, I am terrified.

Maybe not so much as when I was going for my teaching practice when I had ZERO teaching experience, but this is equally, probably more insane.

'Coz I'm not going to be in school for JUST three months.

After three months, the students are still gonna be my problem and I can't just hand them with snot on their noses to their previous teacher.

And if you wanna talk about experience, I do have some. But not for the school that I'll be sent.

See, I had it easy during my teaching practice. I taught girls and it was easier to bond with them. Plus I got really bright kids. Quote from one of the teachers there, "Our last class is the other schools' first class."

So yeah, I don't know how to handle boys and dumb as shit weak linguistically challenged students.

I'd have to up my awesomeness I guess.

Oh well.

People, pray I won't kill a kid.

Student...PLAY!


Teacher...WORK!

FML.

14 comments:

Santafire said...

keep it up, cigu!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

thanks! O.O

Memer said...

All the best of luck in the world!

chegu carol said...

Hahahaha! Jamban la bah background ko yg last picture kan? haahaha...you'll do just fine. believe me. but anyways, best of luck (again) :D

Wiskies said...

so.. gonna block ur blog again? :))

Mark said...

FML.
ROFL.
LMAO.
you might kiss on your bloody ground of what you are intending to have (errr, is this me talking and sensing the best of what takes you in and out of the world?)

Cynth D said...

oh shitz

nc said...

(^_^) good luck! keep up the great work

Daniel Chiam said...

Well from the last pic you are ready to take on any shits that might happened in school, haha.

All the best, and if you have to kill a student, go for the unpopular one :D No one will notice! haha

Phoebe said...

Manda, you look like there are flowers growing out the top of your head in you teacher photo.. Haha.. Anyway... Yeah, I get what you mean. So this is it huh... Good luck manda.. I'm sure you'll do great in you school wherever it may be.. :)

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Memer: thanks! :D

carol: jamban bilik guru..haha...thanks kay!

wiskies: hm..probably not. fuck em! :D

mark: mark, sometimes i really dont get what u're trying to say...

cynth: i know right.

nc: thanks! hehe

daniel: i like your idea! brilliant! XD

Phy: ya ba, cam jamaican pla..hehe...ooo...im so damn nervous! but thanks anyway :)

Mark said...

amanda, the answer for whatever i have ejaculated words is "TESL EDUCATION HAS RUINED MY LIFE!!"..that's all hehehee

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

Knowing where are are gonna be posted bring me butterflies in d stomach too! Indatau kenapa, tapi asal ja ada posting, sa mesti rasa nervous utk d friends yang mau kena posting.. Anyway wishing you the best! ;)

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Amanda, wishing you all the very best in your new career...
May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face, and the winds of Destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

And remember, one of your future pupils might be a Prime Minister one day, and will remember you.
You will be lighting the way for hundreds of young people....

Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more.
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.


And the best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.

Remember, a teacher's purpose is not to create students in his, her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.

Have fun and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.