Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm Coming Home


I crossed the sea with tears on my eyes
Leaving everyone I knew behind
There were never enough goodbyes
 For all I wanted was to go home

Alone and foreigned in my own country
Being different didn't help me
My heart ached to go back where I belong
For all I wanted was to go home

Time after time you just become numbed
What you have signed for, you succumbed
Grab life by the horns they say
But still all I wanted was to go home

So I grabbed life by the horns
I danced on beds of roses
And I tread on thorns
And sometimes I forget that all I was wanted to go home

Six years ago I was the angsty girl
But then she learned to take on the world
I flew and I soared
I fell and I broke
High on life, shattered with misery
And that's when I found my destiny
Till I'm through with it, I'm not going home

So today I've learned everything I need to know
Yet there are still so many things I don't know
The end is only the beginning, as the cliche goes
And now I'm ready to go home.


**I just need to get this out of my system...

MY SIX YEARS COURSE IS FUCKING OVAAA!!!

MY SIX YEARS COURSE IS FUCKING OVAAA!!!

MY SIX YEARS COURSE IS FUCKING OVAAA!!!

I am just beyond words. Just profanities in capslock.   

I am finally coming home.


***On a side note, being my last day here EVER, I can't resist cheesiness!

18 comments:

Lizeewong said...

Well written Manda :)
I'd like to dedicate Daughtry's song HOME to you...but you got to play it in your head okay? Hehe

Welcome Home!

Asrih Arif said...

all this while i never really thought you can compose such a beautiful poem... anyway... selamat pulang... hopefully you'll enjoy working in keningau...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

lizee: i totally had that song in mind! thanks! :D

asrih: i think ko ja peminat poem sy...haha...its great to be home for good! but im not so sure if i'll work in kgau..

Cynth D said...

green with envy! lol

Mimi said...

Well penned.. Nice poetry. Enjoy home!

chegu carol said...

Welcome home and selamat bercuti seblm mula kerja :)

sHeiLa said...

WELCOME HOME !

have a blast holiday yaa..and should I wish u early, Selamat Berkecimpung dengan kerjaya guru ?

ehehee

Melancholic Fool said...

its finally over... i think about when i have to go through that day, hati pun da rasa berat... haha...

i was just thinking, however sucky the 6 years were... u'll miss it huh?

Johor will miss u very much Amanda!

karulann said...

:) Can't wait for my own "Finally going back" time... Love your poem... What i wanted to say "Welcome home!" :P

Amanda Christine Wong said...

cynth: your time will come soon :)

Mimi: thanks! and i will!

carol: omg, yes! kerja sudah! aaa

sheila: berkecimpung lagi tu...haha! oh god, i'll try!

azhar: ironically, yeah? coz like, u're never gonna have it back...but i think 6 years is enough already :)

karulann: your time will come before u know it! thanks!

zewt said...

wow... your blog... now need to declare that you have adult content? lol

Amanda Christine Wong said...

zewt: After that little trouble i got into in school...i had too :/

Wiskies said...

I stil remember the time I came back Sabah last few years after 4 years in KL. I was happy & excited to be home but I'd cried missing KL & old friends there, & keep complaint lot of thing here because of reverse culture shock. LOL. It took more than 1 year for me to recover & accept the reality. Anyway, hope it wil be ok for u..

Amanda Christine Wong said...

wiskies: reverse culture shock huh? i pernah tu, like, i ordered ais kosong in sabah and the waiter bingung ni...haha...but now im ok already la :)

mimiette said...

I ALREADY MISS U LIKE CRAZY BABE! N THE REST OF OUR FREN. T_T

~dis is mimi using my twin acc. malas nk sign out. hehehehe~

Amanda Christine Wong said...

mimi: aww...yeah, i miss all of us too :(

MeMeR said...

I am so effin over jealous!
how i wish time flies so fast so i can finish this one looooong year too!!

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

Welcome back homeee! Bah puas2 la bejalan2 sebelum kerja.. Hehehehe..