Monday, May 10, 2010

Tagged: I just spent the whole day doing this and so should you


An Award From Lizee

Fine, so it's not the AMA or BAFTA or other acronyms of awards.  I had only one period of class today and I deserve to slack (and write crappy post-observation lesson plans) after the observations.  And go online the whole day and write lame posts.

1. Ucap terima kasih & letakkan link orang yang memberi award ini.

Thank you Lizee!  You love me!  You really do love me!

2. Nyatakan 7 perkara tentang diri anda.

No. 1
I chipped my front tooth when I was nine.  When I escaped from the chore of taking care of my lil brother to cycle to the nearby kedai runcit to buy gum.  When 50 of the neighbour' dogs came barking and chasing us on the way back.  When my bicycle tripped on dry cow shit and I landed on my chin.  And I went back home all crying and bloody and dirty, hoping that my mother would take pity on me.  As awesome as she is, she had to beat the hell out of me with my father's Crocodile belt and take away my little coin box before showing me her compassion.  And that's when I realised that half of my front tooth was gone.  If you look at my pictures or teeth closely, you'd notice the discolouration from the filling.  WHY DIDN'T I JUST STAY AT HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY STUPID LITTLE BROTHER?! O WHYYY...

 Stare at this picture, not when you see me

No. 2
I was involved in a car accident before. I never knew how it happened, but all I can remember is that upon impact, I was already under the dashboard at the front seat (I was really young at that time), with my mouth feeling like a beach.  Have you ever had a cup full of sand in your mouth before?  Yeah, it was exactly like that.  Although my mom, cousin and nanny sustained injuries that required a lot of stitches, I was unscathed.  Talk about miracles.

 Well, not exactly like this...

No. 3
Believe it or not, I was a total dork before.  Though I did think I was cool.  And that made me even a bigger dork.  As a tween stepping into my teenage years, I felt conscious of my image.  I'd prefer to wear huge T-shirts.  Till my elder brother told me to dress like a girl.  Now his sister dresses like a slut. Thank you dear brother.


No. 4
As tough as I might look, I'm a fucking softee when it comes to sad movies.  I'd cry when people die,  when lovers or families get separated, in Disney cartoons (wtf), when children cry and etc.  I also cry during unlikely cryable scenes.  I cried when Harry Osborn died in Spider-Man 3.  I kid you not.  I blame 6 years of studying literature for instilling empathy in me.


No. 5
I am never the teacher's favourite.  In fact, I think teachers hate me.  All throughout my learning years.
In primary school, I almost got slapped.  Almost as in, my chin was under her iron grip already.  She thought I was being rude when she scolded me and my eyes was on her fugly face, and not on my toes.  I wasn't being rude!  I swear!
In secondary school, a teacher just exploded in class and I became her scapegoat.  I was twirling my pen - NOT in an act of defiance, but rather as a habit, and she thought I was being rude.  Then she went on screaming at me and letting everyone in class know that ALL teachers think I'm a pain in the ass, or to quote her, "biadap".  Geez, professional, much? And oh, she walked off and cried.  But I'm innocent as a baby!  Really!
In college, one lecturer just detest me.  Even asking for permission to go to the loo is a crime.  What more not paying attention. But ironically, she gave me excellent grades for my observation.  Good thing she's professional.


No. 6
I kayakked across the Johor straits before.  But being the loser that I am, I didn't finish the course.  Kayakking on a tumbling sea with occasional pours of rain for 5 hours straight and getting stuck in the mangroves every now and then was a feat to me, a non-sporty person.  My 6 foot tall partner with a big built wasn't a help either.  Oh, the muscle ache post-kayak were epic.  I could not hook and unhook my bra without screaming in agony for a few days,  I even teared a bit, I think.


No. 7
Speaking of sports, yes I don't do sports.  I'm bad with rules.  I'm bad with coordination, and I'm bad with teamwork.  How can you remember not to run with a ball without bumping it first?  How can you hit a tennis ball with the appropriate strength to win the game?  And how on earth can you serve a volleyball to the opposing team? HOW?!  But don't get me wrong - I do like to do activities that gets the heart pumping e.g. jogging, swimming, working out in the gym...Yeah, basically sports that don't involve people.  I'm a sports hermit.  So don't expect me to join your team for any game unless you want to lose.  BADLY.


 3. Pass kepada 15 orang award ni. 

Asrih
Phyllicia
Memer
Rizal
Jess
Rungitom
Kelvin
Mervyn
Santafire
Diedre
Daniel
Eric
Deeyah
Huzen
Azhar


I just assume you'd like to have the chance to talk about yourself without sounding like a douche who is so full of him/herself.

4. Beritahu kepada 15 orang yang bertuah ni bahawa diorang dapat award ni.

And for doing so, you get these!


Awards for sharing unnecessary details about your lives that we don't wanna know/heard about too many times!

And also to show that I think your blog rocks.

7 comments:

Asrih Arif said...

u r a legend... i mean cikgu math tuh kan yg marah ko pusing2 pen... hahaahah hw cn i forget her face.... she was so angry...

Lizeewong said...

Oh come on manda, the whole day? Hehehe...Amusing 7 facts :)

Btw, I hate sports too! *High 5* :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Asrih: yaa! do u still remember her name? XD

Lizee: ya ba lizee, i didn't realise i took 4 hours to do it! omg!
u hate sports too? *High 5*! :D

Daniel Chiam said...

Haha will do this post when the internet at my home is fix.

Never knew that teachers of all level hates you and yet you became one yourself... I mean a teacher...

Hahaha 'and now your sister dress like a slut, thanks brother" XD

Amanda Christine Wong said...

daniel: irony huh :D

Zen said...

an award! I should prepare my thank you speech.

Mack the Dagger said...

"...and now your sister dresses like a slut" WAKAKAKAKAK ME <3 THIS!!! no lar...ur just SEXY EDGY and A FASHIONISTA! u go girl!