Monday, May 17, 2010

I Broke My Teacher's Day Celebration Virginity!


Remember this post?

Yes, I have came into terms with it.

In fact, I remembered this date, anticipated it, literally jump for joy (during a performance on stage though - more on that later) and wished other teacher friends a happy Teacher's Day.

And that someday is today! Yay!

Notice how I'm full of sunshine?

Tadaa!


Now I know it's not as truckloads as the others, but still...

IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

EVEN BETTER!

'COZ I BARELY GET PREZZIES ON CHRISTMAS ANYMORE!

'COZ THEY SAY I'M TOO OLD!

BUT I'M NOT!

Alright, forget my Chrismas rantings.

Back to today.

In the school I'm in, we celebrate any event in ABSOLUTE GLAM and STYLE.

Think red carpet glam. And weddings.

Literally.


And about the performance, yes, we new teachers had to do a sorta-amateur-even-barely-one musical based on school according to different eras.


You guessed right.

I rocked the 70's...

...and did The Hustle.



I kid you not.  We seriously burned the stage with the Travolta.

And we also had to do a dance as representatives of the language department.

The song ensemble?




Interesting, no?

We sucked balls though, in both performances. Everything just HAD to go wrong during our moment of glory.

The students LOVED it though. They didn't even realise how bad we did.  Or maybe they did.  No matter how hot the mess is, as long as it is entertaining eh?

The culmination of the event?

I got this.


Say my name bitchez!


Extremely superficial and vain, but oh well.  Any award IS a good award.

I'm keeping this as proof that I was once a hottie when I'm old and wrinkly and have no flatulence control.

So yes,  I'M  A CONVERT AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT THAT I HEART TEACHER'S DAY!

To all the awesome teachers who read my blog without thinking it's poisoning the minds of young people:

8 comments:

Joan said...

the award is the ultimate...siok kan? wishing you more and more joy in teaching in the future. all the best!happy teacher's day!

Rudy said...

What a life !!! Happy for you. :)

chegu carol said...

Didn't I tell you, you'd shape up to be a great teacher?

Punya banyak gifts ko :)

Lizeewong said...

Happy Teacher's Day :)

I was hoping you'd include the video of your performance hehehe...Btw, that award is priceless!!! :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Joan: absolutely! thanks thanks thanks! :D

Rudy: tq :D

carol: YOU DID! and you were right!

lizee: when i get the clearer version of the vid i'll put it up on my fb :D

Cynth D said...

yes! upload the vid! =)

Daniel Chiam said...

Guru paling jelita! Omigosh... they make it like official now? I only remember we guys talk about whos the most beautiful... its always a title given by the student and now the school..... haha congrats Amanda!

Betul oh... punya banyak gifts ko!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

CynthD: ok! :D

daniel: in my school we do XD. thanks!