Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's A Private Party Now, Bitches


Hello invited readers.  As you can see, my blog is now a private party.  I can't run my darn mouth for the whole world to read about, for now.

While I heard stories of coursemates' head being bitten off, dealing with problematic kids and just being sucked of every drop of their blood, I was strolling along wonderland.  Then it hit me.  Things are going very well for me.  Too well.  Something is BOUND to happen.  And it will eventually explode in my face.

And finally it did.

Yesterday, two students approached me, warning me that one particular teacher is bent on finding and reading my blog.  Apparently my blog link was circulated around the school, so I guess she must wondering why am I such a hot stuff, besides the obvious. So they told me to just do something to my blog before 50 Year Old Virgin finds it, or hell will break lose.  I can be cruder now since this blog is private.  Yay.

So I did try tweaking with the settings yesterday, but I couldn't find that magic button.  Plus I had to do my work.  So I thought, why don't I do it tomorrow, first thing in the morning?  I'm sure 50 Year Old Virgin will only go searching for my blog during the weekends while she plays with her 30 cats.

Alas, I was too late.

I got called to the headmistress' office, first thing in the morning.  I knew it was going to be about my infamous blog, but I was crossing my fingers hoping it'd be about something else.  I was prepared though, to receive hell, and memorised my lines for an insincere apology.

She was surprisingly nice.  Seriously, what is wrong with the universe? She asked me how's my experience in school, whether I'm enjoying it, what do I think of the students bla bla bla.  And she went on about how she thinks I'm a good teacher, students like me, they enjoy my lesson bla bla bla.  Then came the sentence, "You have fans in the school.  You are a great INFLUENCE."

Shit.  Of course.

Then she gracefully showed me a piece of paper.

It was a letter of complaint from a parent of a student in my class.  Saying how 'terkilan' he/she is about the writings of my blog.  What does terkilan mean, anyway?  Shocked? Sad?  Furious?  Whatever.  And of course, that bugger included my blog link.  And of course Madam Pengetua OPENED THE LINK AND READ THE CONTENTS OF MY BLOG.  Suddenly that link seemed like a dirty little slut who have been exposed of her conduct.

Lucky for me, Madam Pengetua was really nice.  She understands that we're not angels, and we have our private lives, but she asked me to be careful, nonetheless.  She also asked me to keep up with my blogging as she was pretty impressed - but of course, minus the profanities.

To cut story short, I am a big bad influence towards my students as my blog is the only website on the internet that teaches students bad language.  And of course, I'm a teacher so I have to act like a saint, talk like a saint, and blog like a saint.  Hey, I get to be a fucking saint!  Oops, I just used the F word.  My fucking bad.

Hence, my story on why I have to privatise my blog.  It's not a temporary thing, 'coz I'm hungry for traffic (ads!). 

So I'm safe.  For now.


I don't know if 50 Year Old Virgin found my blog or not, but she did look at me funny though.

11 comments:

Lizeewong said...

Wow...this is getting more and more exciting...it's like watching an episode of Desperate Housewives :P

You know, this could be a really good plot for a movie/ novel about a hot teacher surviving in the teaching world...just a thought :)

DJoker Razgriz Gustav Beouwolf XIII said...

If I were you, after some time you will be able to open up this blog again.

However, I would add up one line of caution / disclaimer, that will explicitly speaks that

1) this blog does not reflect your professional view / professional stands on certain issues as a 'working professional' for a certain 'faction/party/quarters' etc.

2) this blog serves as an internet output for the linguistic development, research and observation of the said author(s) (yes, put author(s))




and more, but I believe others can be made more evil :D muahahahaha

MeMeR said...

Above all the shits happened, let's look at the brighter la la land side...
You are one hell of a fucking famous figure!!!!!!
WERQ!!!

Kelvin said...

Hohoho, u can write anything about the old virgin now~

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Lizee: Haha...i should start writing a book first kan? then wait for it to be turned into a movie! wallaweh!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Badi: hey, i LOVE your disclaimer. i do plan to make it public again, but not now. maybe wait till im done with my practical? coz im just scared the maktab will find out about my big bad blog. and yeah, i WILL use your exact words for my disclaimer. it should save my ass for future similar crisis.

Memer: haha! The price of fame huh?

Kelvin: yes, and i loves it!

Melancholic Fool said...

ur so funny - ur plight is not funny - but u r! seriously...

Jessica Lyne Andrew said...

Your Pengetua is one heck of a lady! Very considerate and classy ;). Agree with the people up there, this 'series' is getting better but with fame comes responsibility. You know how people can get even over the slightest itsybitsy issue, I can think of many examples..hehehe. Be safe k :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Azhar: Er, looking at the bright side of life?

Jess:Well, she does appear nice...but we won't know for real right? Im just grateful she was that way, regardless. Thanks hun, I will try to be safe till practical ends!

chegu carol said...

eii bila ko sudah kasi private, hilang pula itu blog feed di google reader sa....i was wondering why no updates from ou...sekali tingu, sdh dua posts i missed.


anywayssss...hahahaha, yabah...dramanya teaching experience ko ni kan manda.

DierdreTheseira said...

I missed a lot of your posts! Like chegu carol said, didnt show up in my feeds. Anyway, the people ARE (obviously) the product of the Malaysian school system. I mean, all that form versus content yadda yadda. Kenapalah bah bahasa gini kah gitu kah yang penting it hits the point bah kan. And I think your pengetua sees this. Maybe because we're teachers.. but still, bad influence can come from anywhere.