Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back to School Horror


This morning, my mum brought me to go meet my former school's principal for a referral letter. She heard that my school is lacking of TESL trained teachers. She had to jump to that opportunity. I wished I could just stayed at home. I cringed at every conceited things she had to say about me to get the principal sold. And was secretly glad and relieved when the principal said he can't do anything yet since I haven't completed my studies.

***

Friends who are teachers, friends who will be teachers soon,

Would you want to come back to teach at your old school?

The teachers whom you've pissed off, made fun of and drove them to tears; and make exaggerated impersonations of every time during an 'old school friends' gathering, would be your colleagues now.

You're lucky if they have completely forgotten how notorious you were. Or if they have retired or died.

The teachers who had yelled and scolded you like you're in boot camp, pinched your nipples (for the guys), made you run five rounds at the school field and stand on your table for not bringing your homework, would be working side by side with you now.

You're lucky if grandchildren have made them nicer souls or completely forgotten what a pain in the ass you were. Or if they have retired or died.

The teachers whom you have loved and respected, had crushes on and always been the first to send gifts during Teacher's Day, or the ones you had deliberately tried to suck up for a higher grade, would be bitching about other teachers with you now.

You're unlucky though if they have completely forgotten what a little suck up teacher's pet you were. Or if they have retired or died.


I don't think I can go through that ordeal.

I'd rather be sent to an island where my classroom is only 10 by 10 feet in measure and full of sand.

It's just too horrific.

16 comments:

housewife9988 said...

hai girl.. u r wonderful though u said wicked, i think it is always very true in this world..
teachers were ones who may be respected but some were like devils to me in my sch. days..

nice to read ur blog..

MeMeR said...

i think i would want to be posted in my old school.
For some sweet revenge perhaps,hehe

Daniel Chiam said...

When I get to the pinch your nipple part, I thought it happened to you before... haha was imagining stuff back there.

Haha honestly I would really love to see you go back and teach there, it would be fun when you gather with old friends again and they start teasing you about how friend you are with them now and out of self defense you will start spilling out a few bad milks about them XD

anyway, honestly saying, if it was me, i would go back and teach there. last time i refer to them as cikgu, now i will call them by name! muahaha ui wences, jom p makan XD

sHeiLa said...

LOL to daniel's 'ui wences, jom p makan XD' .hahahhaaa, i couldn't imagine if happened like that..

anyhow, most of my friends teaching at their old school, and they made a great connection with their old teachers :) so, no worries..

but if me, i feel u..weird ni sa rasa..hehee

kei-1 said...

I'd teach anywhere at all as long as they would leave me alone, but that'll never happen and even worse in a school where everyone knows you.

So, I'm saying a big NO to former schools too.

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Amanda, ha ha, love your this posting.
I dare not face any of my old teachers....they'll gantong me feet first on nearest durian tree...
as they have always suspected I am the one that will sneak snakes, iguanas into class and quietly release them.
But being a teacher is a great profession. Who knows, one of your students might become a future PM?
Have fun, Lee.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Housewife9988: hi! yeah, i think they sort of colour our lives, the good and the bad...hehe...btw thanks for dropping by :)

Memer: Really? you would? but for sweet revenge, nice :D

Daniel:hahahhahaha....aaa...thats the thing that i cant handle! jadi bestfriend ni with teacher karen..gasp!

Sheila: kan?! eeee...maybe mula2 ja ba tu...awal2 mesti sopan2 with them as if u're still a student...huhu

kei: yeah, coz they WONT leave u alone! waa...

Uncle lee: hehehe...thats exactly what i feel! i feel so awkward to meet them again...me become the PM? i can dream :D

Asrih Arif said...

OMG... u have to think gazillion times before u go back to that school... mesti ramai cikgu yang mengurat ko tuh manda... hahahahha funny....

Master Mervyn said...

Hrmm..teaching in your former school? I have to say no,no... I've been the most glorified law breaker during my school years and I don't want to stand in front of the students while listening to the principal blabbering about my murky past and how I magically turn out to be nowadays...besides all my former teachers are so alive and well..and had so many photographic memories of my past undoings...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Asrih: gila o kan kalo mau balik sfx?! waaa...

Mervyn:thats what im thinking too! im kinda pretty notorious too...i think some of them still hates me! mati!

Joan said...

going back to old school. i had my fair share about this. i am now teaching at the same high school that I went to.

bad? not so lah. but there are a few things that you might regret though. hehe.

anyway, i think i saw u at karamunsing a few days back. tidak berani tegur ko. i think i stare too much also that time..haha..sorry ah.takut salah orang bah

zewt said...

teacher also scared to go back to school...!?

chegu carol said...

ala okay bah tu balik skul lama ;P

i remember a saying...forgot frm where la...'the naughtiest student makes the greatest teacher'...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

joan: ya! ko la tu yg i saw kan...hehe..i also takut tegur ko...takut salah org...hee...anyways...i dont know how u do it but i dont know if i can!

zewt: yes, its terrifying actually!

carol: waa...hope thats true? but they also said 'karma will bite you back in the ass'!

chegu carol said...

then u bite the karma back hehe

Phoebe said...

ou'll be having tea and doughnuts with them in the staffroom sharing stories about students antics that mirror your own behaviour 7-11 years ago. You'd be lucky if they'd forgotten.