Monday, August 10, 2009

One day without the internet


Yesterday was a bad day.

A depressing day, if you must.

My laptop decided to eff with me.

My broadband became 'inactive' and my Mozilla just didn't work like it should.

In short, I was completely cut off from the happier, cooler world called Cyber. Earth is so 90's.

I felt so helpless.

Not to be able to connect with other people outside the perimeter of my hostel.

Not to able to get the latest news and goss.

Not to be able get 2-D visual audio entertainment.

It was...so hard.

It felt so...empty.

It kills me not to be able to update my Facebook status, to check out what the other bored people are doing there, to read about how the government pisses off the rakyat again, about which celebrity got busted by the cops again, to stalk the bloggers I follow, to watch Streeter Seidell be wicked, and so so so much more.

BUT THANK GOD today my laptop glitch got fixed, somehow.

So I surfed my ass off, trying to catch up with everything that has happened yesterday that I have missed.

Oddly, I didn't miss that much. For example, I only missed one daily comic on explosm.com and Perez has only updated three pages of celeb news.

So why did it felt like I haven't been online for an eternity?

Then it dawned upon me.

I'm screwed.

I'm officially an internet addict.


7 comments:

MeMeR said...

I can feel you gal!!

Zen said...

you're not living in the basement, are you?

kei-1 said...

I don't think I need to you welcome you, I knew you're one of us.

may the surfing speed be with you, young padawan.

Joan said...

same here!!!!! huhuhu

Amanda Christine Wong said...

hey, we can have an IA meeting together (Internetholics Anonymous) :D

MeMeR said...

Sure. Anytime!!

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

you're not alone amanda.. haha.. here's another internet addict