Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fate


Fate, n - A power that some people believe controls and decides everything that happens, in a way that cannot be prevented or changed.


Fate. Some people believe that it determines the events in their lives, some people prefer to believe that God who does it.

Whatever it is, these are the questions to ponder. Do you let fate determine your life, or you'd rather take the wheels? If you do take the wheels, would a whole different event happen, to substitute your 'supposed' destiny and messing up the whole equilibrium of life? And eventually, bringing downfall? Or perhaps fortune?

I am going to tamper with my fate tomorrow.

I'm going to meet the person in charge of posting teachers for the Keningau division to ask for a place in SMK Gunasanad.

Instead of letting fate decide where I should get posted.

Which I do not know if it's going to be wisest decision I have ever made, or a regret I have to live up to my entire life.

Truth is, part of me would be glad just to let fate take me wherever I am, even if it means surviving in an isolated island to work a generator to be able read every night, or surviving in an urban jungle to pay for electricity bills to be able to read every night. I wouldn't mind it at all. I want to be surprised, even though it may be a horrifying one. I'm up for life's challenges.

That's the existentialist part of me who says that.

The rational one however, thinks not only for herself, but also considers her family and loved ones, and to consider her securities for a comfortable life. They want her to stay close to home. Plus, she can save A LOT of money by staying at her parents' house. Life, will be a breeze.

And as usual, the rational one always gets the upper hand, pushing the existentialist away. And that's why, I have to go tomorrow; still thinking, whether it's a good idea or not. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

So since I'm tampering with fate, let's just see how far taking the wheels work. Will I actually get a post teaching in my hometown; or fate being a better driver, takes me to Pulau Sapi or Damansara?

One year from now, we'll find out.

3 comments:

kei-1 said...

round and round the wheel of fortune goes, and where he stops nobody knows.

being in control would be the ultimate thing in life IMO. I'd say good luck in your quest and may you get the best out of it. There is no telling whether there is really something called fate, but what really exist is that something has-is-will happen.

Just go out there and try it out. Lets see in a year from now. Good luck again.

chegu carol said...

it is what u want and in order to get it, u need to put efforts to work it out.


all the best tomorrow.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Thanks! will blog about the meeting...huhu