Thursday, May 7, 2009

My hereditary disease


It took me awhile to admit that I have inherited one of my mother's chronic disease.



She's a hoarder!



And so am I!

These makeups were accumulated since five years ago. Some of them that I barely used and never used.



And clothes and bags I have since the start of the millennium all shoved in one tiny wardrobe. And I have a 'beg cina' full of my maktab clothes too. Somewhere. And don't get me started with my shoes.



Female magazines that I have kept since November 2003 which I did contemplated to send to the recycling center someday. It just look nice all stacked up like that.



See my Spice Girls cassette? Yes, this huge container holds up all my cassettes and Playstation 1 CDs I have collected since I was 11. I like to think that they were the soundtrack of my ascent from tween to teenager. And a gentle reminder that I was at one point so lame to think Westlife was cool. Damn it, I gotta get rid of this container.



And of course my CDs and DVDs. I wonder how valuable these things will get in 20 years?



And three boxes full of my past (i.e. highschool): love letters, cards, pictures, badges, name tags, journals, you name it! I WILL get rid of these things, someday.

I always nagged my mother for hoarding things and have always tried to make her get rid of her junk; without realising I too have junks to get rid. But I did it. I have got ridden half of my expired makeups. However getting rid of the other things won't be that easy.

One step at a time, they say.

9 comments:

Zen said...

call Oprah!

kei-1 said...

get rid of the containers you may, but the PS1 CD do not!! Well.. Umm... unless ur PS1 is broken i guess. XD

sHeiLa said...

wah..hehe.i once like u, but everytime i cleaned up my room, i will throw at least 2 bags of bin! sedih ba kan mo buang ur valuable things specially those memorable one..

u know what, my convo's flowers were put on my closet when one day i cleaned up those flowers, then i found one lil' card from my beastie which i never read (and thought i lost it) since 2006! imagine..3 years baru ba sa baca tu card.heh!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

oprah will probably give me a bungalow...more things to hoard!

k: we sold off the PS1 already, so...hey, i kinda grew up :p...PS2 time now! heh

sheila: cam sayang kan mau buang?! alala, nasib bukan card mau mempropose, if not kesian that guy! hehe

asriharif said...

I still love westlife ahahhahhah I still listen to westlife music... Their fans here are like crazy... hahahha

Dulu bukan ko suka KIDROCK ka tuh??? Aku ingt lagi ko selalu menyanyi mcm kidrock di klas... hahaha

Kim slm ur Hot Mother... She's still soooo pretty... My mom deteriorate sudah hahha...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

haha! ya kan, they're from the land u are now...and yeah, kidrock time form 2, damn! haha....sure, i'll pass it on, but now im waaay hotter than she is already...hehe...punya jahat ko ckp mama ko deteriorate!kena sumpah ko kang...haha

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

sayang sekali mau buang benda2 ni kan esp kalau lama suda kita simpan, yg ada sentimental value dia sendiri nih.. hehe.. sama la kita ni, too many things i kept.. macam sarang binatang suda sa punya bilik tu.. sayang kalau mau buang itu barang2 bah.. ;)

Cynth Dorhat said...

u should have seen my grandma's collection of bottles and containers O_O

definitely hereditary...

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Annie: thats right! thats the word i was looking for - sentimental value...sentimental apa, kin kasi samak rumah ja kan...hehe...

Cynth: so glad im not alone...