Saturday, May 16, 2009

My first Levi's jeans


Okay, this may occur sad to some of you but what the hell - I wasn't born with a silver spoon and I can't afford such luxury. Yet.

Someone once said to me, "When you receive your first salary, make sure you treat your friends and family a good meal. And most importantly, get yourself a Levi's jeans using your hard earned money."

For some people, this legendary pair of jeans is a symbol of wealth, power and style. Buying it yourself if you can easily afford is different. But buying a mere pair of jeans that costs more than your house rent when you finally can afford it; that's where ownership is power. It is the beginning of your working life and the coveting of all things material. You will also treasure and remember it for the rest of your life.

I, too, believed in this principle.

But sometimes, our lust for all things material brings down that pillar that had guided us and we fall for shortcuts in life.

I just had to have it. Now.



And no, I DIDN'T NICK IT.

I just happen to be lucky to be granted this wish by my significant other. He's one in a gazillion. Talk about shortcuts huh. I will still remember and treasure it (and of course, his act of generosity) for the rest of my life.

There was a tinge of shame though, for not sticking to this principle. But when one principle goes down the drain, you can always create a new one.

So for my first salary, I will treat my friends and family a nice meal, and get me a GUESS bag.

Unless though...

14 comments:

chegu carol said...

i bought my first Levi's when i was still studying as well. Pakai duit PTPTN...hahahaaha

now, harga Levi's makin naik oh.

deeyah said...

manda... I almost menangis baca ur posting ni...
hehe :p In my case pulak, i pun mcm u.. I wanna treat my family great meals... and I wanna get myself a nice Gold Bracelet... hehe... Guess bag i guess.... very soon i nak beli satu... haha... God Willing....

Amanda Christine Wong said...

carol: u just cant help it ba kan when u have RM4k PTPTN money in the bank....hehe...yeah,mine was rm254...nda tumbuh la rambut si rudy lagi tu, ever...heh...

Diah: diah! why u almost cry? i guess we all are like that..hehe...so when u finally get ur gold bracelet and guess bag, post it in ur blog k :D

♥ AnnieMing ♥ said...

seriously, sa belum lagi ada levi's jeans o0o.. kekekeke.. ur ging c carol suda ada tu, shame on me! ody kerja but tada beli levi's jeans.. huhu

deeyah said...

haha... No i almost cry because i was so happy that you dapat beli ur most desired thing with ur first gaji... huhuhu~
My gold bracelet and guess bag? Sure i will... hehe :p

Asrih Arif said...

cant wait to buy my levi's jeans hahahha

Amanda Christine Wong said...

Annie: napa ko belum beli?!p beli, capat!

deeyah: er, actually rudy bought it for me...heh...i cheated!

Asrih: you can easily buy now using ur JPN allowance..waa..

deeyah said...

Rudy yang beli??? haih.... patot lah that significant other... Rudy rupa2nyer... But it's ok though... Ape yang membuatkan si rudy baik hati get you this Levi's?? haha...

SaM said...

lucy bought hers at the levi's warehouse sales last month for only RM 100 a pair. :)yvonne bought her skirt for only RM 50.

Amanda Christine Wong said...

diah: yeeaaah..hehe...nah, he just loves me :D (ada la tu yg kena threatened...hehe)

sam: ooh, i heard of that warehouse sales! damn! its almost like, a padini...hehe..

deeyah said...

hahaha... kena threatened? but... i think he really syg u lar... hehe :p

MeMeR said...

I got mine 2 years ago,rm2++ as well,
its cool to have things you wish to aite

sHeiLa said...

same as u carol, i bought my first levis using my PTPTN..sampai skarang still got the jeans eventho' ada tekuyak sikit did tangah2,cannot duduk tebuka2..hahahaha.but still, it's one of my best collection of levis..

my first salary ..since 3 months tunggakan, i treat myself a very nice WG bracelet :P dulu2, every month if payday jak, sure treat the family went dinner, but now..uhuuuuu..harga makanan naik..gila ba skali makan mo hundred over..heh!

Amanda Christine Wong said...

LOL! the first is always the best ba kan...

WG huh...3 months tunggakan ba tu...why would u not..hehe...mental note:blanja satu kali ja...hehe