Friday, January 2, 2009

Letting myself in 'the club' for the sake of 09


Yeah, I'm letting myself in blogosphere. It seems to be the 'in' thing to do these days, so why not be a fad lover? Well, actually I do have a blog, but it's in Friendster and Friendster's kinda a snore now. Plus I heard some people's blogs got visited by hot famous people. Crossing my fingers Jason Lo will come across this. Crossing my fingers...

Plus, it's the new year already, so, what better way to spend this whole new year pouring out my inner feelings and deepest secrets to the whole wide web, huh?
Soooo...my first post would obviously be about my reflection of 2008 and my resolutions for 2009, like most bloggers would do. Hey, I'm in 'the club' now, so that's exactly what I'm gonna do. So, here goes...
2008. I love 2008. It started out a dud, but eventually, I actually had that THE all-true university life - missing class for a month, partying, sneaking in booze, sneaking in hostel in the wee hours, and other collegely debacles. And oh, it's so gonna continue till 2009. Besides that, I met new, awesome people; managed to be a high-flyer despite the partying and coming back two hours before a final paper starts, and totally kicked ass in my theatre production. Ah, the memories.
It wasn't THAT perfect though, for there were those frustrating, angsty, depressing times, like, when the stupid fights happened with my closest friends and my loved ones; the stupid tennis practical test, and the stupid overwhelming theatre preparations. Ah, the memories.
Above all, I was actually happy with my life. Me being the most ungrateful person on the earth is actually happy for the lil things that I have. So I'm not an heiress and I don't have a rockstar boyfriend, so what? That's what 2009 is all about. And in the meantime, I'm happy and thankful for what I have now.
As for 2009, I'm looking forward for it. It's my last semester in UPM, so it will be the last of THE university life and in the second half of the year, it's back to that shit hole called IPTI. I'll get back about that shit hole when the time comes. And I swear there'll be plenty to trash about.
But for now, I'm carpedieming, and living my life, and hoping to be discovered to be a billionaire's daughter, and to be swooned by a rock star. Happy new year!

5 comments:

Jessica_Lyne said...

I'll always envy you for having such kickass varsity life!! haha. Anyway, i'm linking ur blog at mine..happy new year!!!

chegu carol said...

Swooned by a rockstar? Ok that couldn't be si botak lah kan LOL!

Happy New Year and the Guru-Guru life welcomes you to the blogosphere! :)

Jasmit Kaur said...

Amanda since when u took tennis practical test...I don't remember taking it....haha

Cynth D said...

start bitchin'
haha

Amanda Christine Wong said...

i think i had new year amnesia...it was volleyball that i joined, not tennis...my bad! hehe...